Since 2014, Winds of Change has been working with our local partner in Nicaragua called "Seeds of Learning" (SOL). Volunteering with a Seeds of Learning Work Group is a transformative and life-changing experience.
A “SOL work group” is a team of volunteers who travel together to Nicaragua to learn, share and serve in partnership with local communities. North American volunteers spend 6-9 days together, working alongside of Nicaraguans to share in the construction of a school, learning center, garden, or other educational project. The transformative work group experience is designed to promote solidarity and cross-cultural understanding between people of the global north and global south through hands-on community based projects, face to face meetings, and active participation in SOL’s programs, in order to better understand and reduce poverty and inequality in the world.
- SOL has 25 years of experience and has hosted over 3,600 volunteers.
- We build lasting relationships with communities.
- We don’t just build schools; we develop long-term, sustainable programs alongside local communities. [. . .]
- Itineraries are customized to group preferences. View a sample itinerary here.
- A full immersion experience working side by side with locals.
- Educational focus in all aspects of the trip; service work, [. . .]
- Nicaragua is the second most economically impoverished country in the Western Hemisphere.
- There is a great need to improve quality and access to education.
- Approximately ha [. . .]